Thursday, September 3, 2009

New Digs

I had all of these grand plans of posting pictures of the move in process-empty rooms to fully unpacked and set up. Ah the best laid plans...ok so maybe they weren't the best laid plans...well, here are a few at least.

I had all of my stuff moved into my apartment as of two weeks ago tomorrow. The bed, the couch, the tv, everything. I spent several hours moving books back and setting them up in order, or at least my order--according to how likely I am to re-read it.

These are all of the books I had in my possession at the time of my move. I gathered another five of them back from family and friends before I finished shelving them, and have at least another 10 lent out. I had them all stacked on my coffee (I mean hot chocolate) table, but had to start stacking them on the floor when I ran out of room...

Here they are, all nice and shelved (again with the exception of the one's I've lent out. Probably closer to 12 or 15 the more I think of it...)


My old desktop is set up, and my entertainment center has already presented a season and a half of Star Trek: Voyager. All of my dishes are put away, for the most part at least, and I have food in my cupboard. Or at least I did, it's time to go shopping again! All of my laundry is done, now if only it would hang itself...ah well.

One of the key features in my decor comes from Discovery Gateway. We recently hosted an art exhibit that boasted some very talented High School student art. As our interactive portion, patrons could sign up for a cork tile workshop, where they made found-art collages on cork tiles that could then become part of the exhibit. A large number of these pieces went unclaimed at the end of the exhibit, and as my boss didn't have the heart to throw them away, I decided to take advantage of my formerly bare living room walls to spare him the heartache. I now have over 50 of the tiles across my wall, and I'm absolutely loving it :) Here are a couple of pictures:

Here are about half of them on my living room wall. The couch has since been moved back and now sits about a foot and a half under the bottom row.


Thank the cell phone for the great pics. The wall actually is white, but I took these at different times and, obviously, different lighting. This is a close up of some tiles on the next wall over.


I spend the majority of my time back here watching tv (currently flipping back and forth from Disney's The Ice Princess and Jean Claude Van Damme in Blood Sport), playing around on the internet, and trying to keep up on the cleaning. I've already hosted FHE once, and am going to again next Monday. Here's hoping I'll be able to get off from work in time to bake the now-promised brownies! I bought supplies a couple of weeks ago and ran out of time, but this time I have an extra hour or so to prepare, so I should be able to manage it :)

2 comments:

Kristen Victoria said...

Nice job Deborah!! I love those cork tiles... what a great idea! Maybe you could intertwine that idea in one of your FHE get togethers, eh??

Deborah said...

I hadn't thought of that, thanks :)