Monday, August 17, 2009

Happy and Sad, Sad and Happy

Opposition in all things, right? Fortunately for me, my glass is half full. Most of the time ;).

Lisa and Christian were able to move the bulk of their belongings out of the back last Saturday. Due to some plumbing fun, however, they still have bits and pieces lying around. Not a huge deal, but it does mean that I cannot yet move all of my belongings. Happy, or sad?

Both.

Sad: I would have liked to be able to move all of my stuff at once, have it officially be "my place" right off the bat.

Happy: I have good and valid excuse to take my time getting stuff moved in

Sad: It will be another week or two before I can host FHE

Happy: It will be another week or two before I can host FHE ;)

Sad: I'll have to go up to the front of the house for good reading material

Happy: I have time in which to move all of my books- they're rather heavy all told-the down side of owning so many

Sad: My shoulder, which had been much improved, is not particularly happy with what I've done so far today (moving the bed, and with Christian's help the dresser)

Happy: My heaviest piece of furniture (besides my couch) is now in place and will not have to be moved again.

Sad: ...Nah, that's enough sad for now.

Happy: I have time to shampoo the carpets before I move everything back. I've already done the bedroom, now I just have to do the living room and dining area. I'm also way excited to have my own bathroom, not to mention the most preferable bathroom in the house :).

All told, I'm pretty happy. I think, however, that if I had to move all of my belongings today I'd end up back in physical therapy for my shoulder, and that would most certainly not be a Happy. Fortunately, that's not the case. I'll be glad for now that I have time, and that I have a much better wireless internet connection now :)

No comments: