Monday, November 22, 2010

A Cow-less Christmas

This year, as the first in quite some time that we have had music playing in our store, I have been making an effort to get in some good Christmas music (yes, before Thanksgiving, I know). My first shot of course was to go to the music I have been listening to for years, the music I've grown up with, including Mannheim Steamroller, Elmo and Patsy's Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer, and more. I've tried to make sure that they are both kid-friendly and not staff-inciting (hence no Chipmunks, even I couln't listen to that one more than once or twice a season, let alone once or twice a day).

One cd I thought perfectly fit the bill is one our family has listened to for years: It's a Cow Christmas, featuring such songs as Deck the Stalls, We Three Cows, Angus We Have Heard on High, and God Rest Ye Merry Cattlemen to name a few. One of my favorites is The Twelve Days of Christmas listing gifts such as Five Brass Nose Rings and alfalfa as far as you can see.... So having enjoyed this cd for much of my life, I merrily brought it in.

Much to my dismay, I have replaced the cd at the request of my staff. Sigh. Such an uncultured lot, but what can a gal do. Fortunately for me I have coworkers at the zoo that will now be able to benefit from it :) This year though, alas, I shall have a cow-less, or rather a "less-cow" Christmas.

1 comment:

Karrie said...

Are you going to bring the cows home? I love that cd!