Saturday, December 27, 2008

Thank You Santa! and Bill!

So for Christmas this year, a tame one considering past Christmases, I received some truly great and greatly appreciated gifts. Hamlet on dvd (the four-hour one with Kenneth Branagh), a jewelry box from Michael, a pen with a mini etch-a-sketch attached, and a most wonderful Conair neck/shoulder massager. I think though that my three favorite gifts are as follows: the History of Joseph Smith by His Mother (the most recent revised and enhanced edition), and two Barnes and Noble gift cards totalling $120. YAY!!

Now obviously I couldn't do anything with the gift cards on Christmas day. Instead I watched Hamlet while using my new massager, spent a large amount of time cleaning up Sarah's mirror after she decided to drop it on her head, watched Mamma Mia with mom and Sarah after their return from the hospital, gave Morgan a ride home in a blizzard (pretty fun, actually. Thanks for letting us use your truck, dad!!), and stayed up late watching Bill's new blu-ray of Dark Night with him and with dad.

I slept in on Friday morning, much to my chagrin on one level-I still have much cleaning left to do in my old bedroom before it's ready for Lisa and Christian to move into. I did do some cleaning, but left early for work as I was worried about what the roads would be like. I fortunately made it safely, with only one slide through an intersection. I also made it early, and so took myself off to ye olde book shoppe, Barnes and Noble. I spent every second I had and then some dashing amongst shelves in quest of several books I knew I wanted and those I knew must exist that I would want. After some debate I settled on six books, grabbing a seventh as I made my way up to the register. Courtesy two of the books being on sale, and thanks to my membership, I only spent $70.46, leaving me with $49.54 for future book shopping happiness.

I got home from work after 10 pm, after trading my car for the Explorer and giving Kim a ride home. I did some cleaning in my old room before I decided I needed boxes. I'll be taking some home from work today-the advantage of working in a store is that I have access to any number of boxes. I then cleaned up my new room a bit, putting away my laundry and straightening up the post-Christmas mess. I'll be cleaning the old one tonight after I pick up at least one new bookcase, possibly two considering that the one large set I have now is already full and holds not even half my books, let alone my growing vhs/dvd collection. I think I have room for two more bookcases...I hope... At least a lot of my other stuff will be getting carted off to DI after today. I'll be cleaning out at least four of my 6 under-bed bins, as well as my two huge blue bins, and condensing what stuff I am keeping into the emptied under-bed bins. I'll be getting rid of any blankets and pillows that don't have extreme sentimental value (such as my graduation quilt and the quilt I got from one of my Iceberg managers, Cinta. Needless to say, though, I will not be getting rid of any books. Not a single one. Not even you, Cup of the World, which I'll most likely never read again...

1 comment:

Spenturion said...

So this is Spencer... that crazy cat from work. This comment is allowing you to know where my blog is located. My Blahg if you will.

Spenturion.blogspot.com

Also you should add The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman to your things to read.